Easy, at home, & household ingredients
There's no point buying an expensive diamond ring and then not properly caring for it. Every day that you wear your ring soap, dirt, and grease slowly start to build upon it taking away that brilliant shine it once had. The buildup affects how light is reflected off the precious metals and how it is refracted through the stone, making it look dull and almost lifeless. This method of cleaning is not limited to engagement rings and can be used for all types of jewellery - just not those such as pearl, emerald, or ruby. Contact us or pay us a visit at 5 Mary Street, Dublin City Centre if you are not 100% sure.
Only a few simple household ingredients are required:
- Dish washing liquid.
- Household ammonia.
- Boiling water.
- A soft tooth brush.
- A soft cloth or tissue.
- Mix a small bit of washing up liquid and ammonia with a half a glass of boiling water.
- Place your ring into the solution and let it soak for a few moments.
- Remove the ring from the solution and, holding it in your hand, gently scrub it all over with the soft tooth brush.
- Dip the ring back into the solution and repeat until all dirt and grime has been removed.
- Rinse the solution off with warm water and gently dry the ring with a soft cloth - tissue can also be used.
Keeping your diamond ring and jewellery clean is an easy, cheap solution that anyone can do at home. If you are unsure of which solution/ingredients you should use then pay us a visit on 5 Mary Street in Dublin City Centre, where we will be more than happy to advise you.